Oct 28, 2013, 7:17 PM
If only these things were true
- Colleges are liberal bastions in this country
– A more accurate claim may be they are failing to be liberal enough.
- The American Press is liberal
– If that were true would the news outlets be so insipid when the likes of Bachmann, Santorum or Cruz make outrageous claims.
- American Exceptionalism
– We are exceptional all right: no other first world nation has such a lousy health care system while fooling away money on international interventions.
- Global Warming is a hoax
– UW Madison has the three day data of no fly post 9/11 (unless your surname was Bin Laden) proving how jet trails buffer daily temperature extremes. Manmade climate effect enough for the rational mind.
- Corporations are People
– Proof will come when Texas executes one for criminal behavior.
- Reaganomics, the trickle down theory or why supply dominates demand
– Thirty years, still no proof, still a lie.
- Family Values have been lost
– Having lived through the ’50s, ’60s, ’70s, ’80s, ’90s and ’00s seems like they are better than ever. Go back to what? Corporal punishment?
- Santa Claus
– Like Bigfoot, no live feeds or actual sightings confirmed. Still popular with a certain crowd nevertheless.
Youth today may be disinterested in politics because quite frankly they have not seen good governance in their lifetimes. Perhaps they hear just too many lies.
Revolution is defined as a quick sudden change. Look not to the streets but to the internet. That is where the quick sudden change is occurring, for that is where the youth reside and do their thinking. That is true.
The Arab spring is just the beginning.
The Age of Reason is not over for most of us. Keep thinking, keep contemplating, leave room for the youth.
¡Viva la Revolución!
Thanks for your feedback. If we like what you have to say, it may appear in a future post of reader reactions.