Drinking Liberally on October 6th

September 30, 2016

You won’t want to miss it

Comments

On comments: Bubba and the Bride of Bubba

May 30, 2016

In a comment to Bubba and the Bride of Bubba, commenter Fred writes: Who writes this crap? You? Or do you copy it directly from the Trump website? I assume you want Bernie Sanders as the candidate for the Democratic Party? It’s this kind of writing that has turned me against him. At the time […]

Who would Paul Wellstone support?

May 18, 2016

Announcing a LeftMN essay contest

Clemency discussed at Drinking Liberally

April 27, 2016

On April 28th

Professor David Schultz comes to Drinking Liberally

March 29, 2016

Thursday, March 31st

Upcoming Drinking Liberally events you won’t want to miss

September 14, 2015

September 17th and the 24th

Comments

On comments: Welcome, David Schultz

June 19, 2015

A few days ago, Hamline professor David Schultz published his first commentary here: Whatever happened to the liberal Democrats? You should read it if you haven’t. Read it again if you have. There were comments to David’s piece, uniformly positive, and remarking how he would spiff the place up. I got emails from readers, too, to […]

Ryan Winkler headlines Drinking Liberally on June 4th

June 1, 2015

Most of you know that Minnesota Rep. Ryan Winkler is leaving the Legislature and moving to Brussels, Belgium to follow his wife and family to her new position. He’s apparently going to split his time between Brussels and Minneapolis, but will be away too much to continue to serve in the Minnesota House. His departure […]

A timely note for my Edina peeps

May 1, 2015

Vote in the school district referendum!

Mr. Tee-mur, the IRS is going to sue you!

March 10, 2015

There was a message on our answering machine in recent days from a woman purporting to be from the IRS, saying, “Mr. Tee-mur, the IRS is going to sue you! Call 360-851-1764 (that’s the real number) immediately for more information! There was a pause after the answering machine picked up, as often happens when you get […]

Comments

On comments

February 25, 2015

Guns and education

Comments

On comments

January 26, 2015

Dear rural friends: it’s not our fault